Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Walnut Pie


Pecan pie is a tradition for many people at Thanksgiving. For me, the holidays wouldn't be complete without my mom's walnut pie. It was originally a pecan pie recipe but I've never had it that way. I think she had trouble getting pecans overseas and so it became a walnut pie. I don't know where she got it from, I just remember the blotched recipe card clipped in the red-painted-clothespin-glued-to-a-block recipe holder one of my siblings made her in elementary school. It was definitely one of the recipes I copied into the back of my main cookbook when I was getting ready to leave home.


Mystery Pecan Pie 

8 oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
¼ t salt
1 t vanilla
Egg

Cream together all of the above. Spread into an unbaked 9 inch pie crust. Top with 1 ¼ c pecans.

3 large eggs
¼ cup sugar
1 c corn syrup
1 t vanilla

Combine the above until just blended. Pour over pecans. Bake 375° 35-40 minutes.

I don't know what the mystery is.

No comments:

Post a Comment