Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Shake ‘um Up Bars


My siblings all went to a wonderful preschool that had a wooden fence with the slats painted to look like crayons. Ms. Judy, the lead teacher and owner, gave my mom this bar recipe that the preschool kids made for snacks.

Grease 9” pan. Break 2 eggs into a quart jar. Cover tightly and shake 10 times. Add ½ c sugar, ½ c orange juice, ½ c salad oil. Shake 20 times. Add 1 c flour, ½ t salt, 1 ½ t baking powder. Shake 40 times. Pour into pan. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350°. Cut into bars and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

I remember them being fantastic but, having made them as an adult, I think it was just so much fun to make them. Now I'd recommend a bit of orange zest to kick up the flavor.

From Ms. Judy of Woodstock Preschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment