Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lil' Stiffy Waffles

Might as well post another version of waffles. Tried these last week out of the Metropolitan Cook Book, 1957. 

Extra-Crisp Waffles
2 c sifted cake flour
3 t baking powder
¼ t salt
2 egg yolks
1 ¼ c milk
1/3 c melted shortening
2 egg whites
Heat waffle baker according to manufacturer’s directions. Mix and sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat egg yolks until light. Combine with milk. Add milk mixture slowly to dry ingredients, stirring until batter is smooth. Add melted shortening. Beat egg whites stiff, but not dry; fold in. Makes 6-8 waffles.

These were almost crunchy on the outside, a bit too dry for me. I definitely prefer the Sour Milk Waffles instead.



I'm going to have to do a post just on the illustrations in this little cook book pamphlet put out by the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company. I think the artist put one over on them with this one. Or I'm just warped...

No comments:

Post a Comment